Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Significance of the Number 13...

Conviction set in on the 13th birthday of my youngest daughter, Joni.  What was this significant thing?  After years of procrastination, number 13 became not a lucky number but a blessed number.  Let's rule out that I don't believe in numerology.  Something important happened when on July 13, 2011, I decided beyond my usual procrastination, to step out in faith and pursue a Doctorate in Ministry degree.   Since serving as a pastor for the past 13 years in Southeastern California Conference, (the greatest conference in North America Division if not the world field), I turned in my application form.  That's three coincidental number 13 references.   The last reference to number 13 is that I've served a total 31 years of pastoral service in several churches in California (31 backwards is 13).  What in the world is going on?  I'm not sure I know myself, other than number 13 is my new favorite, if not blessed number!  I may even consider buying a sports jersey with number 13 on it!

3 comments:

  1. Everything works in God's perfect will and time. Blessings to your pastoral and academic journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pastor Dad! Would you happen to know what the number 7 means in biblical symbology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection, Completion...you got me thinking. Then, 14 means perfection to the 2nd degree. And 13 is a reference to our humanity, limitation and brokenness. "There go I but for the grace of God."

    ReplyDelete