Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mid-week Challenges & Promises

Wednesdays are mid-week challenges and promises for me. At times, it seems more like challenges than promises. Today is no exception. I look at my To-do list and they seem overwhelming. I still have to work out the basketball scheduling for this coming Saturday night. I need to find an over-all potluck coordinator by today. Reassuring that food and tables are coordinated and set. I need to remind those who I asked to help with parking and food security. Food security..? Yes, so the line for our members & guests go smoothly after they're fed spiritually. After writing them down in my blog, they don't seem that bad after all. So now, I look at the promises..! God has got my back! For that, I'm grateful. I am not alone as I promise to spend time with Him in personal devotions. I feel guilty that I've not consistently spent time with Him on a daily basis this week. Which may explain, why I feel overwhelmed. I look forward to Dr. Jon Paulien's prophetic preaching at this coming FAMMANA Convocation at my church, and I'm praying God will bless his preaching. "Adventism in these Last Days" is his title and it's catchy and timely. For the youth and young adult's, Byron Aprecio a second-generationer will make Christ in Revelations relevant and meaningful. If you're in the southern California area, I invite you to drop by. Lastly, I'm still excited about my doctoral program as I turn in my application form this week. Already I've asked three personal recommendations: a colleague, an elder and a conference official. And my transcripts from seminary are en route. Now, at my age, why am I doing this? I don't know if the gray matter in my brain is still up to academic rigor. But I choose to trust in God. What else can I do..? And I think of that leadership article which reminded me: "That no matter how old you are as a leader, you're never too old to learn something new..!" By the way, I thank my friend, Pastor Ardie for laying out my blog. He spent over an hour and a half getting the codes so that as you read my blog, you also get to know me through two social networks: facebook and twitter and my church website (which needs a whole lot of improving). A project for 2012. Till next time, Grace to you..! I am, God's slave.

No comments:

Post a Comment